In the last articles, we have talked about the benefits and the great variety of collagen supplements that Vital Proteins has, this time it is my turn to tell you about the advantages of Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen.
What are its benefits?, Advantages and disadvantages, what type of collagen does it contain, and what differences does it have compared to other types of collagen supplements?
All that and more you will be able to find in this article that we prepare for you.
What type of collagen is Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen made of?
Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen is a collagen powder supplement and is made with bovine collagen, which is bred in Brazil and fed with grass to guarantee the quality of the product.
You can find it in different flavors which provide 12 to 15 grams of collagen per serving, if you are a fan of flavors such as strawberry and melon, your body will be absorbing 15 grams of collagen and if you prefer lavender lemon or tropical hibiscus then you will consume 12 grams of collagen per serving.
Benefits of bovine collagen
On previous occasions we have already discussed that there are different types of collagen, more than 20 to be more precise, each one provides different benefits to our body.
bovine collagen is responsible for providing type I and III collagen by (types that are responsible for improving the appearance of the skin), so we can say that bovine collagen is a very good option when the objective is to reduce and/or delay the appearance of wrinkles, as well as increase the elasticity of the skin.
Collagen of bovine origin is also an excellent option for those looking to improve the condition of their bones and joints and has even helped patients suffering from osteoarthritis.
Related topic: Vital Proteins marine collagen powder review
According to studies, the consumption of bovine collagen can help increase bone formation, as well as mineralization.
Another study carried out on 30 people for 13 weeks, yielded results that showed that those patients who consumed 5 grams of collagen in two daily doses, managed to reduce the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
What is the difference between Vital Proteins Peptides Collagen and Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen?
One of the main differences between these two types of collagen supplements is that Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen, in addition to having bovine collagen as its main ingredient, contains probiotics and 120 mg of hyaluronic acid.
Related topic: Vital Proteins matcha collagen review
For its part, the collagen peptides of Vital Proteins are composed only of this ingredient, however, for each portion you consume your body is ingesting 20 grams of collagen, while with Beauty Collagen you consume between 12 to 15 grams.
If when you consume supplements you prefer that they are unflavored so they can be mixed with any type of drink, then we recommend Vital Proteins Peptides Collagen, if you like to try things with a little more flavor you can try to try Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen, of course, it is also important to take your goals into account when consuming these types of products.
Recipes to prepare Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen
1 – Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
- Frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 tablespoon of stevia
- 2 tablespoons of lemon
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 serving of Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen
- Mix all the ingredients in the blender
- Serve as you like
2 – Healthy Strawberry Lemon Cake
- 180 grams of flour
- 64 grams of Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen
- 1 ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- ½ tablespoon light butter
- 46 grams of egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 of 150 g (a small container) lemon Greek yogurt (75 g) can of natural or vanilla flavor
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon liquid Stevia
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice (1.5 large lemons)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) + 1.5 teaspoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1.5 cups (210 g) strawberries
- 2 tablespoons (18 g) confectionery erythritol
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, collagen, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, egg, egg whites, vanilla extract, liquid stevia, lemon juice, and 60g Greek yogurt (save a half tablespoon of the container for later)
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Grease a 9.5-inch cake pan and pour the batter into the pan
- Thinly slice the strawberries and arrange them in a circular pattern on top of the cake batter, then bake for 40 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, mix together the confectioners’ sugar, 1.5 teaspoons of almond milk, and 1 tablespoon (15 g) of Greek yogurt to make a frosted drizzle.
- Let the cake cool completely after baking and top with a splash of ice before serving.